Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Rumsfeld Resigns!!

Washington Post - Rumsfeld to Step Down as Defense Secretary
President Bush today announced he is replacing Donald H. Rumsfeld as secretary of defense, saying a "fresh perspective" is needed at the Pentagon to deal with the war in Iraq.
I do wonder about the timing of this announcement. Although Bush says that it was a foregone conclusion before the election
He added later, "Win or lose, Bob Gates was going to become the nominee."
I haven't believed what he had to say before and I really see no reason to start believing him now. I think that it is just as likely that they were waiting to see how the elections went. If the Republicans had held the Congress, I think Bush would have held onto Rumsfeld.

For some alternate opinions on the subject, check out Poliblog and Outside the Beltway.

No comments: