Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Looking on the bright side

Today was my birthday and it was generally a very nice day. I received many birthday wishes from many great friends. My eldest son took me out this afternoon to Village Coffee, his treat. My husband took me out to dinner. After dinner I received several very nice gifts from my family. During dinner I was thinking about the fact that I need to learn to look on the bright side of things more often than I do. I want to be a happy person and I want to enjoy my life without letting all the little things get me down.

That resolve was almost immediately put to the test, however. My oldest cat has been sick for some while. The vet said he had feline leukemia and FIV. We knew that he wouldn't live too much longer, as he did not seem to be eating much, if any, any more. When we got home from dinner we found the cat dead in the front yard in the rain. We were all sad and we buried him before I opened my gifts. I'm trying to stick to my resolve and look on the bright side. He was sick and is better off now. We will miss him, but it is all for the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!! And certainly sounds like you had a wonderful time...thanks for sharing this with us...and birthdays are special days for all of us and best enjoyed in the company of near and dear ones!!!