Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Really?

Via CNN - Huckabee apologizes for comments on Mormons
Huckabee states:
"I'd like to think that my being a Baptist isn't a factor in people voting for or against me."
Somehow this statement strikes me as somehow disingenuous. I think that he is counting on the fact that he is a Baptist minister to garner him quite a few votes from the Religious Right. And while I completely agree with Romney's position on the issue of religion in the campaign, at least in principle,
He continues to believe that this campaign should not be about questioning a candidate's faith. While it is fair to criticize an opponent's record or policy positions, it is out of bounds for one candidate to question another's personal faith.
I think it is ridiculous to think that it isn't or won't be an issue.

No comments: