Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Mouse Issues

I have gone through multiple computer mice during the life of my computer. They just don't seem to last very long. I've had rolling ball and optical mice and both have gone haywire. My first mouse just got too much dirt, oil, etc., in the works and that I could understand and deal with. Since then, however, my mice have died a bizarre death. Generally they begin to cause my cursor to jump around the screen and randomly open programs (as if I had clicked on them). This makes the computer basically useless, and then the mouse dies completely.

Does anyone have any idea what is killing my mice or have any suggestions on a good quality mouse to buy as a replacement? I'm currently using a cheap Wal-Mart replacement, but I have a feeling it's not going to last very long.

No comments: