Thursday, October 12, 2006

A less than stellar day

Today was my wedding anniversary, but it was a less than stellar day. I had to get up at 5:45, which is much earlier than I normally get it up, and then drive to Dothan (an hour and 15 minutes away) to the hospital. My oldest son had to have a HIDA scan of his gallbladder. We got there at 7:30 and didn't leave until 11:20.

Then I went by to see my sister, whose birthday is also today. She was at work so I only talked to her for a minute. Then I went by to visit my 90 year old grandmother, who lives between my house and Dothan. We visited there for a little while and then finally made it home around 2:30.

Once I got home I had to clean some because we were going to have a baby sitter coming over later (my wonderful husband had already done most the cleaning).

After the baby sitter finally arrived around 5:00, we took my 15 year old to where he was supposed to meet his soccer team to travel to their away game.

Then finally we got to go have our quiet romantic dinner in Montgomery. It was a very nice end to a less than wonderful day. Hopefully next year our anniversary will be a little less hectic.

No comments: