Friday, September 29, 2006

Wow! A "Sale-less Fundraiser"

My youngest son brought home a note from school yesterday about the latest school fundraiser and I was absolutely tickled to see what it was. They are having a "Sale-less" fundraiser. The headline of the flyer says
ARE YOU TIRED OF CATALOG SALES TO RAISE MONEY???? ARE YOU BURNING YOUR CANDLE AT BOTH ENDS????
It goes on to say
Please feel free to ask grandparents, neighbors or friends--as you will probably find that people would prefer making a donation rather than purchasing an item for twice what it would cost in a discount store.
I actually made that exact same suggestion in this post last September. I'm sure no one at the school read my blog post, but they may have read Steven Taylor's op-ed column on the same topic, which prompted my blog post. In any event, I'm glad to see that they've finally gotten the idea. I hope this fundraiser goes over well so that the catalogs full of junk can be a thing of the past.

No comments: