Monday, April 16, 2007

The Clinton/Obama money dance continues

NYT - Donors Linked to the Clintons Shift to Obama
A list of Mr. Obama’s top fund-raisers released Sunday showed the extent to which the Democratic Party establishment, once presumed to back Mrs. Clinton, has become more fragmented and drifted into her rival’s camp, lending the early stages of the Democratic primary campaign the feeling of a family feud. Some of the movement would have been inevitable given Mr. Clinton’s former dominance of the party.
Although it may be inevitable, I find it hard to believe that Hillary would be taking it very well. The feud aspect of the situation has often made me wonder about that true likelihood of a Clinton/Obama (or Obama/Clinton) ticket if one or the other of them should win the primary election. I know that either one of them would probably be willing to do whatever it takes to win the Presidency, but I can't help but feel like it would be a very strained relationship. And I'm not even sure that Hillary would be willing to settle for the number two slot. I guess only time will tell.

No comments: