Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Obama rivals Clinton in funds raised

Via the Chicago Tribune - Obama fundraising rivals Clinton
Sen. Barack Obama raised at least $25 million dollars during the first quarter for his presidential campaign, a total surprisingly close to the $26 million collected by his chief rival for the Democratic nomination, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Obama actually may have raised more for the primary campaign than the former first lady, but that cannot be definitively known because the Clinton campaign has refused to say how much of its total is designated for the primary election versus the general election.
Well, if the nomination is for sale, I'm glad to see that Clinton has a strong rival, as I really don't want to see her get the Democratic nomination. I would still rather see Richardson get the nomination because I feel like he is much more qualified for the job, but I'm not naive enough to think that the most qualified person gets the job. I do prefer Obama over Clinton and here is just one of the reasons why:
Obama also made his fundraising task more difficult by refusing to accept money from lobbyists and political action committees, unlike Clinton.
The main reason, of course, is his stance on the war, which he has held the whole time. Which just shows me that he has a level head and good judgment.

No comments: