Sunday, October 16, 2005

I'm Home

We just got home from our anniversary trip to Georgia. We stayed at the Georgian Inn Bed and Breakfast in Greenville. It was very nice and I would recommend it to anyone who plans to visit the area. We visited Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain on Saturday and FDR's Little White House in Warm Springs today.

Callaway Gardens was very nice. Not many flowers in bloom this time of year, though. Fall color really hasn't arrived yet either. It was, however, beautiful weather for walking the nature trails. The best part was the butterfly house. There were hundreds (at least) of butterflies in a climate controlled conservatory, along with tropical birds and plants.

As a student of both history and political science, I found the trip to FDR's Little White House particularly interesting. Being a democrat, I have a soft spot in my heart for FDR anyway. Whether you agree with his politics or not, he was a truly remarkable man.

No comments: