Thursday, November 24, 2005

Being Thankful at Thanksgiving

Today is more than just a day to eat turkey and dressing, it is a day to think about the things we are thankful for. I often get depressed and think that there is nothing in my life that is worth being thankful for, but I know that is not really true. There are many things in my life that are wonderful and that I am lucky to have.

I'm thankful to have a wonderful husband who loves me and is always willing to put up with my mood swings and outbursts, and always tries to encourage me in everything I do.

I'm thankful that I have three terrific sons. At times, when they are driving me nuts, I may loose sight of just how wonderful they are, but when I think about the world that we live in today, I realize just how lucky I am and just how good they really are.

I'm also thankful for the love of my extended family. My parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and sister who are always willing to help me when I need them.

I'm thankful, too, for my friends. I may not have many, but the one's I have really care about me and I care about them, and that's the most important thing.

I love you all. Thanks for being there for me and for letting me be there for you. You're the best.

No comments: